Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Don't Let the Bastards Get You Down

Thanks to PearlsAndShit for the picture!




So today I found out that someone who has worked for my employer for 27 years turned in her notice.  Why?  Because the bastards in charge not only passed her up for a well-deserved promotion, but threw her loyalty and devotion in her face by giving the position to someone with no experience and no qualifications who has been here less than a year and then demoting her because she "hadn't been doing a good job".  


Really??  No warnings or write-ups for her "poor job performance", etc. Just the sudden demotion and inauguration of the new acting "leader" of the department.  I am not naive enough to think that there are "policies and procedures" in place to protect the employees of any company. Those are basically bullshit.  This ain't my first rodeo.  A privately-held corporation can pretty much do whatever the hell they want whenever it suits them.  And I'm sure their spin on this will, if it ever meets the light of day, make me want to vomit.


BUT, this person has devoted herself to this place for practically forever, contributing above and beyond to one of the biggest fund-raising events of the year out of the goodness of her heart and because of her passion.  Thank GOD she is quitting before the event this year.  Take THAT, empire-building assholes.  May the Gods of Justice shit upon you heavily as you are not concerned in the least with the betterment of the establishment to which you have been entrusted.  


I can only hope that the pain she is feeling right now will be short-lived and that she will emerge on the other side of it with righteous indignation and find something so much more rewarding and fulfilling.  She has made this company a better place and I, for one, feel fortunate to have worked with someone with such passion and devotion.  It showed.  Every day.


And I am paralyzed with fear about publishing this post.  Because there has already been a backlash about a group on a social networking site for former employees of this place.  (So, please, don't share this post on a certain very-well-known social networking site.  :)  If you like it, feel free to email it.)  


I am outraged over this and find it difficult to look those people who were involved in the eye and smile like a good little doo-bee.  One thing that really chaps my ass is injustice and this has my pants on fire, and not in a good way.  I  know what goes around comes around, but sometimes that takes a really long time to happen.  Some people have said, "Oh, well, it doesn't affect me or my job."  Guess what?  Oh, yes, it does.  You work for the same company that felt it was ok to do this, so just be ready to have the rug pulled out from under you some day.


I SO wanna go all Norma Rae on their asses, but alas, I have kiddies to feed.  And so, I will have to bite holes in my tongue and glue on my happy face.  For now.


Fuck it, I'm publishing this anyway!









1 comment:

  1. I am mentally standing on my desk holding a UNION sign aloft for you. That is total bullshit! And you're right, it's just like the bitchy girls in high school, if they gossip about one person they're probably gossiping about you too.

    ReplyDelete