Monday, September 12, 2011

Ghetto Lexus


So, I'm on my way to work this morning, when I roll up on this.  







I am not sure exactly why, but I laughed out loud, most of the rest of the way to work.


Now, I am not really very educated about Lexii in general, so I Googled "purple Lexus" and discovered this is a very popular color among gear heads.  Really, there is every imaginable shade of after-market purple available.


I think the one thing about this purple Lexus is that it at first struck me as a complete impostor, and one that isn't even trying very hard.  Was it really born a Lexus or did they steal the silver letters that spell "Lexus"? The bubbling tint and the broken gas tank lid along with the God-awful color has really confused me.  Are they really trying to be classy enough to own a Lexus or are they, in effect, saying FU to Lexus?  Is it a pimp-mobile?  What does it all mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment